Thursday, March 12, 2015

Assignment 4 - Color Interaction

James (Tony) Lang
Assignment 4 -Color Interaction
12 March 2015


I thought the timing of this assignment was interesting due to the blow up of that dress the internet couldn't stop talking about. If you had any access to any forms of social media you were exposed to people debating on whether or not the dress was blue and black or white and gold. While that whole debacle was developing I was excited because I could say we are studying stuff like this in my art class! Anyways, I think color and how it interacts with each other and how it's really fluid makes for a pretty interesting study.

This part of the assignment called "Making Friends" where you take two colors that are different and make them look similar due to the background color it is on.

Here we have the part of the assignment named "Making Babies" due to the fact that we have two parent colors as the background that have traits reflected in the child color, the two smaller squares.

The final part of this assignment was called "Bullies and Pushovers." This is when you have the same color (small squares) on two different backgrounds that make it look like two different colors.

THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE COLOR HUNT...
For this color hunt I had a hard time finding that reddish brown because in my mind I kept thinking of it as red, than rather closer to brown. I feel I got the closest in hue but not necessarily the brightness with the Land O Lakes Cocoa Classic. I have dubbed this reddish-brown color "Face In the Muddy Clay!" Now with that purple dusty plumb wanna-be I feel that it matches close to both the tentacle monster and the robed guy on the cover of Chez Cthulhu. I have dubbed this color "Hastur's Unspeakable Purple!"





No comments:

Post a Comment